The protection of your personal data on the occasion of your visit to our website is a matter of concern to us. We have taken technical and organizational measures to ensure that the regulations on data protection are observed. Your data will be processed and protected within the framework of the statutory provisions. Below you will find information about what data is collected during your visit to the website and how it is used.
Controller responsible for processing
Ulrich Walter GmbH
Tel.: +49 5441 9856-0
You can reach our data protection officer at email@example.com or at our postal address with the addition of "Data Protection Officer".
Purposes and legal bases
We process your personal data for the following purposes and on the basis of the following legal grounds.
Execution and initiation of contracts
We process your personal data if this is necessary for the execution of a contract or for the execution of pre-contractual measures. The data processing is then carried out in accordance with Art. 6 para. 1 lit. b) of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). This concerns in particular the following functions:
- Registration: You can order as a non-registered guest or register for a customer account to manage your orders more conveniently. The data entered in the course of registration (e.g. title, first name, last name, e-mail address, street and house number, postal code and city, country) are processed for the creation and management of the customer account.
- Shopping: The data collected in the course of an order process (products in the shopping cart, shipping address, payment information) are processed to carry out the order.
- Contact and customer magazine: You have the option of contacting us by e-mail and/or using a contact form, as well as subscribing to our customer magazine. The information provided will be processed for the purpose of processing the request or sending out the magazine.
Safeguarding legitimate interests
We also process your personal data to protect legitimate interests. The data processing is then carried out in accordance with Art. 6 para. 1 lit. f) GDPR. The processing is carried out to protect the following interests:
- Processing of non-contractual requests
- Ensuring legally compliant actions and legal defense
- To ensure the availability and security of technical systems, the following data is logged: Browser type and version, operating system used, website from which you are visiting us (referrer URL), website you are visiting, date and time of your access, your IP address (in this respect, no combination with other personal data takes place).
- When you register, your IP address and the date and time of your registration are stored in order to be able to investigate any misuse.
- If we perform in advance, e.g. in the case of purchase via invoice, we reserve the right to obtain identity and credit information from a specialized service company (credit agency).
We also process your personal data if you have given us the corresponding consent. The data processing is then carried out in accordance with Art. 6 para. 1 lit. a) GDPR. This concerns the following purposes:
- Newsletter: You have the option to sign up for our newsletter. This way, you will regularly receive recipe ideas, information about new products and sustainability as well as current offers by e-mail. The data you provide will be processed for the delivery and personalization of the newsletter. To improve the newsletter and make it as relevant as possible for you, we evaluate your usage behavior (opening of the newsletter, use of links). This is done without processing full IP addresses and/or cookies. You can unsubscribe from the newsletter at any time via a link at the bottom of each issue or revoke your consent by emailing to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Fulfillment of legal obligations
Finally, we process your personal data in order to comply with legal obligations, if applicable. The data processing is then carried out in accordance with Art. 6 para. 1 lit. c) GDPR. The obligations may arise, for example, from commercial and tax law.
Recipients of personal data
Within our company, only persons who need the data for the stated purposes have access to it. We only pass on your personal data to external recipients if there is a legal permission. These may be the following recipients:
- Service providers bound by instructions: For the processing of orders, the dispatch of our customer magazine and the technical administration of customer accounts, we use commissioned service providers bound by instructions who are carefully selected and checked. These so-called "processors" according to Art. 28 GDPR may use the data exclusively for us and according to our instructions.
- Public authorities: Insofar as a corresponding obligation exists, we may pass on data to authorities or courts.
Cookies and similar technologies
Data processing in third countries
If data is transferred to entities in whose territory an adequate level of data protection is not ensured in accordance with the GDPR, we ensure that the data transfer is either covered by a legal authorization or that guarantees for an adequate level of data protection exist. We will be happy to provide you with further information if you are interested.
We store your personal data only for as long as is necessary to achieve the purposes pursued or until the relevant legal basis is no longer applicable. In the event of an objection to processing, we will delete your personal data unless further processing is still permitted under the legal provisions. We also delete your personal data if we are obliged to do so for other legal reasons. Against this background, the following storage periods apply in particular:
- Data in connection with orders will be stored for the duration of the processing as well as for the fulfillment of any contractual obligations that may arise and within the framework of the retention periods required by commercial and tax law for a maximum of ten years.
- The data stored for the registration for the newsletter will be deleted within one month after termination of the newsletter subscription, provided that the deletion does not conflict with any legal retention obligations.
Data subject rights
You have the following rights, please contact us to exercise them: (i) you have the right to obtain information about the data stored about you, (ii) you can request the correction of incorrect data and the deletion of your data, (iii) you can request that we restrict the processing of your data, if necessary, (iv) if you have provided us with data on the basis of a contract, you may receive this data in a machine-readable format, if applicable, (v) you have the right to object to data processing insofar as it is based on the protection of legitimate interests or is used for direct advertising.
If you have given us consent to process your personal data, you can revoke this consent at any time with effect for the future. The lawfulness of the processing of your data until the revocation remains unaffected.
You may lodge a complaint with the competent supervisory authority if you believe that the processing of your data violates applicable law. The supervisory authority responsible for us is the State Commissioner for Data Protection of Lower Saxony, Prinzenstraße 5, 30159 Hannover.